Whether it is a simple porch, a grand addition to any home or a cavernous conservatory, detailed and appropriate architectural drawings are important for the successful implementation of any construction project. They play an important role in transforming any building design into an expedient structure. These drawings also help a local council to decide whether the building project should receive a planning permit or not. In the modern times, rapid advancement of technology has led to a decrement in the popularity of the traditional practice of drawing plans and most architects are now favouring computer aided online architectural design drawing in UK.
Some of the major advantages of computer aided design (CAD) software are as follows:
- The plans created using a CAD software are more accurate and may be produced in 2-dimensional or 3-dimensional formats, thus allowing to view the plan from multiple angles and perspectives. Drawing according to a scale is also easier as one just needs to decide on the units of calculation that are to be used and then draw the model at a scale of 1:1.
- Creating a draft of the proposed structure using CAD takes less time than traditional blueprinting because everything required for the planning are just a few clicks away. Also, any mistake can be rectified more quickly than in the case of traditional drawings.
- Working with CAD also solves the issue with availability of storage space for large number of architectural drawings in the case of traditional drafting. Everything can be safely in the computer, in a pen drive, in a cloud storage or even in a memory chip. Searching and sharing is also easier, even if there are thousands of plans to go through.
- For designing multiple blueprints with fairly similar features, all it requires is creation of a single template with all the common elements and then, it can be readily used as the foundation for the other blueprints as well.
- Nowadays, there are various software suites available, each made for fulfilling a specific task in the designing field or targeted to a particular group of professionals. One can either use one specific program or a consolidation of different programs to achieve the desired results. Thus, CAD software are highly adaptable to individual needs.
The use of CAD has increased the productivity of architects and made the construction of intricate and complicated structures possible. It has also eliminated the room for any mistake, besides making the process of architectural designing less time-consuming.