An engine oil treatment is essentially a substance derived from alcohol which helps in cleaning engines of vehicles and other related components. Since some treatments or additives are capable of bonding with water, they can be used for removing condensation collected within the fuel tank. But the benefits of engine oil treatment go beyond that. Quite a number of additives are also designed for restoring an engine by eliminating debris and carbon deposits that have accumulated around the valves and fuel injectors. They even lubricate the different internal components, reduce formation of sludge behind the piston rings by suspending it and decrease wear and tear of the piston ring. This in turn cuts down on fuel consumption significantly and reduces the emission of toxic exhausts.
Let’s see how a regular engine oil treatment can be used for restoring an engine:
1. First, the door to the gas tank of the vehicle must be opened in order to pour in the required amount of additive. Prior to that, one must make sure they are adding the treatment right after filling the gas tank.
2. Now the engine has to be activated and ran until the fuel tank becomes nearly empty.
3. Once the tank has been drained near to exhaustion, it must be filled again with the same oil treatment after the tank is refuelled.
4. Now the filler cap on top of the engine has to be opened carefully.
5. After that, an additive designed specially for restoration of engines must be emptied into the filler. Care must be taken to make sure that the vehicle is not getting overfilled. Before adding the additive, one should not forget to take a look at the oil level by pulling the dipstick out, wiping it with a rag, replacing it and then pulling it out again. The level of oil is supposed to be between the 2 marks given on the tip of dipstick. But if the level is near or at the upper mark, it is better not to add the restoring additive until the next change of oil.
While using the treatment oil for restoration, the durability of the oil also receives a boost. It ensures a smooth ride and hikes up both the horsepower and torque. There are some treatments which can even be used in gearbox and differential. In other words, the overall performance of the vehicles improves substantially.